We are pleased to announce the finalists for the PostalPitch StartUp Competition, who have been selected from the pool of submissions by an esteemed panel of judges (see below). The winner will be announced at the upcoming PostalVision event, to be held April 3-5, 2018 at The Ritz Carlton Pentagon City. The finalists will present on April 4, 2018 at the event, with the winner to be named at the evening reception on April 4, 2018.
PostalPitchTM invited StartUps to present innovative products or solutions with a unique value proposition that may have the potential to change the postal and logistics market or even create a new market. The award criteria and other information was posted on the PostalPitch web site.
Learn more about the finalists below, and check out the PostalVision event agenda to learn more about the other great content and sessions the event will feature (some highlights below). Grab your discounted Registration TODAY before the price goes up (and don’t forget to book your hotel before March 14 to get the great PostalVision room block rate!).
Join the conversation!
ZigZag Global is a software solution to help ecommerce retailers manage returns globally. ZigZag uses predictive analytics to understand the most cost effective and energy efficient route to work out if a retailer should hold and resell returned products in local markets or bring them back via consolidation. Our mission is to help retailers become more sustainable whilst cutting costs by up to 50% and improving the speed of customer refunds by getting stock back in the supply chain more quickly.
Slimbox is a machine that cuts perfectly fitted packaging out of flat sheets of corrugated. You just need to enter the dimensions, select the model of box you like and put a cardboard in the machine.
Upsell Direct is a start-up utilizing special tags and patented Near Field Communications (NFC) technology to help retailers/manufacturers create additional opportunities for selling personalized related products after their product has been shipped and received, extending every product’s life cycle and every customer’s initial sales encounter.
PostTag directs drivers precisely to the right front door, first time. Without getting lost, without searching for addresses and without darkness slowing them down. PostTag “tags” 3 digits onto the end of a postcode (the British term for zipcode) to make that postcode “front-door accurate”. The postcode gets you to the vicinity, then the PostTag gets you to the right front door.
ODYN measures the operational dynamics of customer’s supply chains to identify waste, improve performance, and reduce variability. To achieve cost-effectiveness at scale, we developed a low-cost pallet tracking solution ($5-15 per tracker) that substitutes Cellular and GPS functions of typical asset trackers with Wi-Fi, allowing for both geolocation and communication at a significantly lower price point. This cost reduction allows for integration of other sensors, such as temperature, humidity, and motion, while still keeping unit economics feasible for large-scale deployments.
udelv has created the world’s first autonomous delivery vehicle. This new technology promises to cut the cost of last-mile deliveries in half. With a customizable cargo space offering a payload capacity of over 700lbs and 18 automated compartments carrying up to 50 grocery bags, this fully electric vehicle is built to improve peoples’ lives by making delivery easier.
FarEye has created the world’s first programming language to build logistics applications with a simple drag and drop feature, enabling enterprises to reduce time to build new logistic delivery processes from quarter(s) to week(s) including testing and scaling. We help organizations champion operational efficiency and customer experience by digitalizing logistics, which not only helps real-time tracing but also adds a predictability layer to the processes making it more receptive.
Motogo is a startup using robotics and autonomous delivery vehicles for secure and efficient, pickup and delivery of goods. Our system enables fully automated shipping and delivery. We employ standardized, secured, intelligent, connected and reusable shipping packages. By using standardized anchor points and anchor point interfaces, packages can be physically secured the entire path, from origin to destination. The system also supports anytime delivery and pick up.
At www.package.ai, we’re creating an AI-based platform for automation and optimization of last-mile parcel delivery. Our intelligent software platform enables e-tailers and last-mile delivery operations to enhance the consumer post-purchase experience and gain critical insights without sacrificing operational efficiency. The system autonomously interacting with consumers at every touch-point of the delivery life-cycle, while performing real-time, personalized and predictive cost analysis for delivery times and locations.
The following are serving on the 2018 PostalPitch StartUp competition jury:
- Thierry Golliard, Director Open Innovation & Venturing, Swiss Post
- Olaf Klargaard, Director, Innovation, Geopost
- Karlijn Krol, StartUp Scout, PostNL Innovation Studio
- Gary Reblin, Vice President, Product Innovation, USPS
- Farzin Shadpour, Vice President and Managing Director, Supply Chain, PlugandPlay
- Elmar Toime, Chairman Postea Group
Just One More Reason to Grab Your Registration NOW
Hearing from these rising stars is just the latest reason to reserve your seat NOW… If you need even more reminders why you should register to attend, here are just a few previously announced highlights of the April 3-5, 2018 event – and there’s more to come!
- Returning to PostalVision 2020’s center stage will be renowned headline speaker John Hagel of Deloitte’s “Center for the Edge” Silicon Valley think-tank.
- Paul Misener, Amazon’s Vice President for Global Innovation Policy and Communications, will keynote the event. We are especially pleased to have Paul join us as Amazon’s first presenting participant at a PostalVision event, to represent a leading postal – parcel – logistics player that exemplifies this year’s conference theme, “Daring – Sharing – Caring.”
- Cooper Smith, Director of Amazon Intelligence, at business intelligence firm L2 Inc. — proclaimed by participants as one of the best speakers at PostalVision’s 2017 annual event, will return to the PostalVision’s platform at its April 2018 event. Don’t miss Cooper’s presentation, where he will provide an update on the state of e-commerce delivery (including some data to be first released to attendees of the event!). As L2’s resident expert on all things Amazon as well as the broader ecommerce market, Cooper will provide PostalVision event attendees with the latest news and analysis on activities by Amazon, Walmart, Jet, Target and other big box retailers as they look to solve the “last mile” delivery puzzle.
- Jamie Siminoff, Founder & Chief Inventor at Ring, Inc. (recently acquired by Amazon!), will speak on Package Theft Prevention. Ring is on a mission to reduce neighborhood crime and educate consumers on the rising threat of package thefts. With nearly one in five homeowners falling victim to package thefts, Ring founded National Package Protection Day to bring awareness to this issue, and Jamie will discuss the problematic phenomenon that we in the delivery industry know only too well as “porch piracy.”
- USPS Vice Presidents Steve Monteith and Gary Reblin will join the event, with Reblin participating on the PostalPitch StartUp Jury and Monteith speaking about the influence of ecommerce trends on postal product mix and the critical roles that direct mail and catalogs play in the omnichannel purchase cycle.
- A great panel of global innovation leaders will participate in this year’s “Innovation and Global Perspectives” session, which will be moderated by the chairman of the Postal Innovation Platform (PIP), Bernhard Bukovc. Panelists include Holger Winklbauer, President and CEO of the International Post Corporation (IPC); Bernard Haurie, Deputy DG and Senior Vice President for Innovation, HR and eCommerce at Geopost (Groupe La Poste, France); Thierry Golliard, Director of PostVenture, Swiss Post’s venture capital branch; Juha TolvanenJuha Tolvanen, Head of Network Design, Posti Finland; and Karlijn Krol, PostNL Innov Panel.
- Two panels of thought leaders, entrepreneurs and industry leaders will discuss the product journey to the consumer, both today and tomorrow! Hear the discussion on autonomous and electric vehicle solutions, online store fulfillment, “autonomy-as-a-service,” online supermarket experience, physical to digital connections, and more!
And that’s just a taste of what this great event has in store!
Registration Discounts Still in Effect!
One more reason to register…registration discounts are still in effect! Pricing and hotel information can be found on our web site.
Hotel Block Rate Expires March 14 – Book Your Room TODAY!
Those planning to stay at the venue host hotel, The Ritz Carlton Pentagon City, should book their hotel room at the special PostalVision event room block rate of $275/night – before March 14 when the rate expires. After that, the going room rate will apply (which could be significantly higher!).