PostalVision 2020/8.0 is pleased to announce that Gary Reblin, Vice President Product Innovation, U.S. Postal Service, and Steve Monteith, Vice President Marketing, U. S. Postal Service, are joining the roster of distinguished postal ecosystem leaders speaking at PostalVision’s eight annual conference taking place at The Ritz Carlton, Pentagon City, April 3-5, 2018.
As Product Innovation VP, Reblin reports to the Chief Customer and Marketing Officer and Executive Vice President and is responsible for product development for all mail and shipping products as well as innovation as the USPS integrates with emerging technologies.
Reblin will join jury for the PostalPitch Start-Up competition, where he and innovation counterparts from leading foreign posts SwissPost, GeoPost, PostNL and StartUp incubator Plug and Play, will judge entries from a fresh crop of entrepreneurs working to meet the challenges and take advantage of the rapid transformation of the global postal-parcel-logistics-delivery ecosystem.
As Marketing VP at USPS, Monteith reports to the Chief Customer and Marketing Officer and Executive Vice President and leads the development and implementation of strategies, policies and programs that reflect the Postal Service’s strong emphasis on delivering exceptional customer service at every level of the organization.
He oversees Brand Marketing; Customer Engagement and Strategic Alignment; Customer and Market Insights; Industry Engagement; Product Management—Mailing Products and Services; Product Management—Shipping Products; Stamp Services; Mailing Standards and the Pricing and Classification Service Center. Monteith will talk about the influence of ecommerce trends on postal product mix at PostalVision 2020/8.0 and the critical roles that direct mail and catalogs play in the omnichannel purchase cycle.
“We are extremely pleased that Steve and Gary, both well-known and highly respected in our postal community, are joining PostalVision this year to share in the discussion about growth opportunities for our entire ecosystem,” said John Callan, PostalVision Founder and Chairman. “The USPS serves as the platform that like a rising tide will lift all boats as our industry grows to meet the needs of ecommerce, and we look for leadership and collaboration from Steve and Gary to meet these exciting challenges,” he said.
Draft Agenda Posted — Just One More Reason to Grab Your Registration NOW
The draft (nearly final!) agenda for our April 3-5, 2018 event has been posted on the web site, and today’s speaker announcement is just the latest reason to reserve your seat NOW… If you need even more reminders why you should register to attend, here are just a few previously announced highlights of the April 3-5, 2018 event – and there’s more to come! Only 5-1/2 Weeks Left Until the Event!
- Returning to PostalVision 2020’s center stage will be renowned headline speaker John Hagel of Deloitte’s “Center for the Edge” Silicon Valley think-tank.
- Paul Misener, Amazon’s Vice President for Global Innovation Policy and Communications, will keynote the event. We are especially pleased to have Paul join us as Amazon’s first presenting participant at a PostalVision event, to represent a leading postal – parcel – logistics player that exemplifies this year’s conference theme, “Daring – Sharing – Caring.”
- Cooper Smith, Director of Amazon Intelligence, at business intelligence firm L2 Inc. — proclaimed by participants as one of the best speakers at PostalVision’s 2017 annual event, will return to the PostalVision’s platform at its April 2018 event. Don’t miss Cooper’s presentation, where he will provide an update on the state of e-commerce delivery (including some data to be first released to attendees of the event!). As L2’s resident expert on all things Amazon as well as the broader ecommerce market, Cooper will provide PostalVision event attendees with the latest news and analysis on activities by Amazon, Walmart, Jet, Target and other big box retailers as they look to solve the “last mile” delivery puzzle.
- A new PostalPitch™ Start Up competition will invite entrepreneurs from all over the world to present their latest ideas, products and solutions to the greater global postal-parcel-logistics-delivery industry. Inspired by the great success of their collaborative PIP Start Up Innovation event launched in Europe at Post-Expo 2017, program co-chairs Bernhard Bukovc of PIP and John Callan of PostalVision, are excited to be bringing this partnered initiative to North America during PostalVision 2020/8.0. Participating on the PostalPitch jury are Gary Reblin, USPS Vice President of Product Innovation; Thierry Golliard, Director of PostVenture, Swiss Post’s venture capital branch; Karlijn Krol, PostNL Innov Panel; Olaf Klaagard, DPD Group Innovation Director at Geopost (Groupe La Poste, France); and Farzin Shadpour, Vice President & Managing Director, Plug and Play.
- A great panel of global innovation leaders will participate in this year’s “Innovation and Global Perspectives” session, which will be moderated by the chairman of the Postal Innovation Platform (PIP), Bernhard Bukovc. Panelists include Holger Winklbauer, President and CEO of the International Post Corporation (IPC); Olaf Klaagard, DPD Group Innovation Director at Geopost (Groupe La Poste, France); Thierry Golliard, Director of PostVenture, Swiss Post’s venture capital branch; Juha TolvanenJuha Tolvanen, Head of Network Design, Posti Finland; and Karlijn Krol, PostNL Innov Panel.
Registration Discounts Still in Effect!
One more reason to register…registration discounts are still in effect! Pricing and hotel information can be found on our web site. Members of our Association Partners should check with their association for their discount code ($250 discount off registration*)!
*Association partner discount not available for Government Rate registration or special Mailer/Shipper registration.